Monday, July 21, 2008

Stop to smell the flowers.......

Well here goes....I'm joining this weird wonderful world of the web!

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and drained today after finishing two finals this weekend, only to wake up this morning to two new classes, yeah! But who's complaining? I'm getting a top-notch education, right?

I'm trying to slow time down as much as possible because before I realize it, I know that school will start once again and I will be back at work as well as school! So as I'm typing this I'm enjoying the beautiful summer day that it is and wondering how long it's been since I've looked out this window because there are beautiful pink flowers growing on the trees outside. So when did that happen?

So I encourage and challenge you today to stop and look around at all the blessings that surround you in your daily chaos. God truly is everywhere even in the midst of our deepest tragedy.

For those of you that know me....I have a handful of what I like to call my "Patron Saints". These are the saints that show up in my life time and time again to help me out of the mud I create for myself. I affectionately like to refer to them as "my crew".

Being the wonderful "crew" that they are, they love to leave me with sometimes daily messages.
This one comes from one of my favorite spiritual books. It is compiled with portions of Padre Pio's letters to his Spiritual Director and his spiritual children. It is called "Words of Light".

I like to randomly open it and see what passage I open up to, (this is also a great thing to do with the bible). Whether I realize it at the time or not, it is always relevant to that day or week.

Passage 313:

Jesus wants you to know that the various Spiritual sorrows that upset you so much, are willed
directly by Him to test you and not to castigate you, to purify you even more and render you,
as far as is possible, like Him. He is the prototype of every soul that has chosen the best part ,
of divine service. He wants you, as a sign of gratitude, to be more docile to these divine workings
he is performing. (643).

~Padre Pio "Words of Light"

Make it a Great Day!

3 comments:

amyjoerger said...

I am so happy and excited that you are blogging now! I thoroughly enjoyed today's entry (and got a lot out of it too) and I can't wait for next time! I love you so much!

Glenda said...

Hi Sis,
This is such a good idea for you! I hope it gives you peace. I love you!
Mom

MeLiS said...

Hey girl,
I SO used to have one of these...Only I used LiveJournal instead of BlogSpot...But I like this one better~! Well I will be sure and stay tuned for all your daily adventures!