Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Prayer for Spiritual Courage...

You know it's a wonderful thing to witness people stepping out of themselves to notice the needs of others. Whether these needs are spiritual, physical, emotional, etc. it is an inspiring thing to see. This reminds me of Christ's call to us to look for Him in everyone we meet and it got me thinking...how often do we really do that?

I know I look for Him in people I love all the time, but what about the strangers, the people I don't necessarily like or want to like. This is the call of the Lord, maybe more in my life today than in your own but that doesn't mean we can't all try.

I feel inspired to try and be kind to everyone no matter what the cost. This conquering of our own will in our lives means so much to Christ. The reason is because none of us can be truly happy in this world or the next unless we are doing the will of God in our own lives.

Recently, I found a quote by who I can't remember now but it said: "Love is the Greatest Educational Institution on Earth" I wonder what Christ would say about this quote?
Afterall He died on the cross for us and miracles happen everyday whether we witness them or not, but yet how many of us actually visit this so-called great educational institution?

Love is not an emotion or a feeling but a willingness to love. It's easy to love someone when they are in a good mood or love you back. But what about when we are not in good moods or it seems everyone we run into during the day is having their worst day on earth? In the words of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: "Remember Christ crucified and remain silent".

My point is you never know what someone else is going through at any point in time. So why add to someone else's troubles by being selfish or moody? Challenge yourself to look for Christ even in the most angry or wretched people. He is still there! Remember Christ's words to us : "Whatever you did to the least of my people, you did it to ME."

I don't know about you, but I do not want to answer to the Lord for treating Him so terribly. It is not for us to understand everything that happens to us or others but to TRUST that the LORD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR US!

So smile at a passing stranger, give your last dollar to someone who needs it, visit someone who is sick or lonely, be kind to those who are rude, and don't judge! Instead turn that judgement upon yourself and ask our Lord for His Guidance!

One person can make a difference in our everyday world, so start something contagious and choose to love without limits!

God bless you and reward you in everything you do and say!

~Erin

3 comments:

amyjoerger said...

You are simply amazing. That is all there is to it. I love you so much!

Glenda said...

Erin, You're and inspiration to us all. God has blessed you with such a talent, thank you for sharing with those of us who love you most.
Mom

Steven said...

Erin -

Wow, what an inspiring entry! You could teach a class on homilies!

Dad