Monday, October 13, 2008

Spiritually, I resemble a Prune!

Okay God,

What does this mean? I struggle to do the very smallest thing out of love for You! Does this mean my love is so little that I cannot feel it anymore? I do not feel love anymore but I choose to love out of love for You and because it is the right thing to do! Why such dryness Lord? I do not want Consolations but ask to feel a little of the burning love I once felt!

Where has it gone? Why is it gone? Have I done something wrong? Speak for your servant listens Lord! Come back into my heart Lord! I welcome You as if You are already there resting in my heart! I will continue to search for you Lord! Never leave my side!

4 comments:

Kevin - "pax tecum" said...

We all go through "dry spells" throughout our journey towards our Creator.... Hang in there...

Steven said...

Spiritual dryness is part of God's plan to "burnish" your soul on it's journey to be ever closer to God. Do not give up, this is the darkness before the dawn!

Rosemarie said...

Do not be afraid! God has not abandoned you! Loving Him in the dark night of faith alone with your will is most pleasing to him.

My prayers are with you.We must all travel this narrow road to the summit of Mt. Carmel.

In peace
Rosemarie

Erin said...

Thank You all for your words of encouragment and your prayers! It helps to know that others struggle in the same way, today even in the darkness there is a faint light. Just knowing that the light is still there gives me the strength to go on! Thank You Jesus!