Saturday, August 30, 2008

A little Gratitude for His Gifts, Grace, and Guidance.



Thanks is such a little word for all Your gifts of grace
For all your guidance dear Lord
No words will ever embrace
Your Fatherly love cradles me each day
Molds me into the soul
that you intended me to be
What else could I ever want dear Lord?
except Your perpetual gift of love
For anything I could ever want
was paid for in Your blood my Lord
So why do we not thank You more?
Is it because we know your Mercy's endless?
or because we are thankless?
Either way my God my heart swells with love
when I think of Your bitter agony on the cross
My words and feelings are at a loss
For I know my debt of love is endless
but please continue to look on me with tenderness
Because I love you so much my Lord
but please help me to love you more
because it seems you only made one flaw
and it was You made my heart too small
for how could I ever love you as I should
with such a tiny vessel misunderstood?
So help me sweet Jesus with everlasting grace
So I may one day repay my debt and see Your loving face.

No comments: